Clusse 0.30f, released 3.6.1996
Known bugs in 0.30e fixed. Thanks to all the people who reported
these. Distributed as upd030f.zip, which includes only the files which
have changed since 0.30e, so you need to have 0.30e installed first.
- Fixed XMS handling again: the moves from base memory to XMS must ALSO
be of even length (gee i'm stupid)! The fix changes database handling
a bit, be sure to delete your index files (*.idx) in the db\ directory,
it forces Clusse to reindex.
- Fixed some overflow errors: mostly caused by unexpected input from
PC links. Even more validity checks added.
- You can no more use the DIsconnect command to disconnect yourself.
This caused unexpected results (which were most visible when you
were on the console - ugh). The Bye command does the trick anyway 8-).
- Remote databases can now REALLY have a timeout over 255 seconds,
up to 65535. It used a byte-sized temporary variable by accident,
thus restricting the timeout to 255 seconds.
- If you searched the last record of a PC-type local database and
the record didn't end to a "&&" line, clusse got into a loop. Fixed.
By the way, i got the database definition wrong in the first place.
The "&&" line marks the END of a record, not the BEGINNING of a
record. Clusse really doesn't mind: it doesn't require a && in the
beginning of a file (as it did before) or the end of a file (as it
should do and PacketCluster (TM) probably does).
- The Wx command requires the area parameter again, just like the
Announce command. Update your help file! The area parameter
can be either F, FULL or * for a cluster-wide announcement, a node
callsign for distribution on a known node, or L/local for the
local node only. Usually, you don't actually want to tell your
local weather conditions to the whole world. Ok, you're right,
that's what hams on HF usually do, but that's a different matter.
This is packet, not HF. 8-)
- Cleared up a mess in the methods of storing & moving around the
name of the user. It's no longer stored in the local user file. It's
only in nusers.clu. The EUser command cannot be used to change the
name any more. Anyway, the system should behave a bit more logically.
- Database files are kept closed when not used. Forgot to close()
after checking them on startup.
- The latitude and longitude fields of the Buckmaster HamCall
CD-ROM (TM) were swapped. Fixed. (my mistake, not theirs)
- If you did SU succesfully, then (during the same session) did SU
again, but failed, you still had SuperUser privileges (in fact,
you had ALL the privilege flags). Fixed.
© Heikki Hannikainen <email@example.com>