Clusse 0.29d, released 19.9.1995
- Changed the talk mode exit character from ctrl-c to ctrl-z. Left it
to ctlr-c by accident!
- The console now accepts all the CTRL key combinations as input from
the keyboard. CTRL-Z, CTRL-C, CTRL-G... etc...
- Changed the shutdown key combination from CTRL-X to ALT-X. F10 does
it, too. Changed the action monitoring toggle switch from F6 to CTRL-F5
and cut links from F10 to CTRL-F9. See the help text on F1.
- Split the expiry procedure to smaller parts. Clusse now processes
the files one by one, serving the users between every file. Expiring
all the files at a time looked like a total lockup of the software
to the users. Now it looks like 7 shorter lockups 8-) ALT-F8 triggers
expiry. If expiry is already running and waiting for the next section,
ALT-F8 skips directly to the next one.
- A new command: AWay. It's the opposite for HERe, which doesn't have
any parameters any more. AWay accepts a parameter string, which can
then be seen using the User command, like "user oh7lzb". It's also sent
as a response to talk messages to the user. Can be used to tell when
the user is coming back, where did he go etc...
- Modified user socket send buffer flushing a bit. They're now flushed
(sent to the user, even if not as long as paclen) once per second, and
never on completion of command or after some other message. Saves a
(small) bit of bandwidth again... allows several messages to be combined
in one frame.
- When a PC link gets disconnected, Clusse tries to relink in one minute.
When linking fails, Clusse waits for the time specified in links.ini.
CTRL and ALT-F9 link drop commands set the link tries count to 1 to
prevent linking again in one minute.
- Reorganized the talk system (again!). Now correctly forwards messages
to non-local users, when the sender has forced the message to be sent to
the local node (the T call@node trick, t call > node on PacketCluster,
i'd call them hand-routed talks). Talks to clx systems (the Linux cluster
software) should now work, too. The current version of clx doesn't accept
PacketCluster's talk mode messages and hand-routed talks (a small bug in
- Internet FTP to Zone didn't work for some time. Someone broke into Zone
and we disabled all connections from untrusted hosts... ftp access is now
- The ftp.funet.fi /pub/ham/packet/cluster/clusse/ directory is now a
mirror of the pub/oh7lzb/clu/ directory on zone.pspt.fi, updated every
night. This means that the latest version is always available on
- WHEN INSTALLING/UPDATING CLUSSE, PLEASE use the pkunzip -d parameter
when uncompressing the .ZIP file. The archive file includes the necessary
directory structure, -d parameter tells pkunzip to create it on the
destination disk! There's a suggested installation/updating procedure
in readme.txt now.
- New command: UPtime.
- Changed the % command's name to STatus. More logical, and KAM TNC's
have the streamswitch key set to % by default.
- The SU (SuperUser) command works now. See the password.ini file for
details. Used to gain access to the sysop functions of Clusse. For now,
only the user specified as sysop in clusse.ini can use the SU command.
After i get the edit user command working, a sysop can give others the
sysop flag so that they can use the SU command...
- New sysop commands:
- DIsconnect (stream/callsign) - disconnects a stream.
- Reboot - Exits clusse with errorlevel 100. See clu.bat!
- SHUtdown - Exits clusse with errorlevel 0.
- An example clu.bat for starting up clusse and restarting it on exit,
if necessary. Uses errorlevel checking.
- Fixed the expiry system quite a bit.
- Added some protection for weird node add and drop messages PC19 and
PC21. PC21 for the local node call (from a link loop) made Clusse go
crazy. New node callsigns are checked for validity (length > 3 chars,
includes both characters and digits).
- Added timestamps in the link tracing file.
- Started working on clusse.doc - the gonna-be official Clusse manual.
© Heikki Hannikainen <email@example.com>