|Clusse files downloadable over HTTP:|
|clusse-1.00-src.zip||2753 k||Clusse 1.00 source code and executable, not an installation package|
|clu031.zip||448 k||Clusse 0.31, full package|
|upd031.zip||319 k||Clusse 0.31, upgrade from Clusse 0.30|
You also need to download either the PC/FlexNet kernel + drivers or the G8BPQ Packet Switch. Here are short descriptions of both, so that you could decide which one you want:
- BPQ is a NET/ROM node software, usually running as a TSR (Terminate-and-Stay-Resident, background) application. It also includes an Application Programming Interface (API) called BPQHOST. Using this API external applications like Clusse and FBB can talk to the BPQ switch, and through it to the radio interfaces, without actually knowing anything about the hardware used.
The G8BPQ switch can currently (v4.08a) interface all KISS-type TNC's, TheNet-type node stacks running the net/rom interlink protocol, other systems that know either KISS or net/rom async (Linux, xNOS, BPQ), Ethernet for interfacing other BPQ and PE1CHL NET switches, and many brands of HDLC cards (PacComm PC120, DRSI PC-PA, Thor RCL100, BayCom USCC-Karte, PA0HZP OptoPcSCC).
If NET/ROM is the packet networking protocol used in your area, you will most probably want to use BPQ.
- PC/FlexNet is similar to BPQ, but more advanced in design. It uses the FlexNet routing protocol instead NET/ROM. It is modular, so you can use it as a simple AX.25 stack without the FlexNet router. All the hardware drivers are in modules, so you only need to spend memory on the drivers YOU need. It is actively developed (new hardware drivers coming), and much easier to set up than BPQ. If you don't need NET/ROM, i recommend using PC/FlexNet.
PC/FlexNet 3.3e has drivers for (at least) the following hardware:
- TNC2 TNC's with 6PACK firmware (a KISS driver is supplied, but it is claimed to not work well with TNC's. 6PACK overcomes the timing problems of KISS)
- BayCom modems (1200 bit/s serial port modem, 9600 bit/s paraller port, USCC and SCC cards)
- Some sound cards and DSP systems
- Ethernet trough the following drivers:
IPX, Packet Drivers, AXIP (only inside a LAN), G8BPQ Ethernet
- Lots more... they're writing new drivers all the time.
|Download an AX.25 stack:|
|PC/FlexNet||External||The home site of PC/FlexNet|
|bpq408a.zip||260 k||G8BPQ Packet Switch version 4.08a|
Clusse files can also be downloaded using FTP from the following sites:
- ftp.hes.iki.fi:/pub/ham/clusse/ - The master FTP site
- ftp.funet.fi:/pub/ham/packet/cluster/clusse/ - A daily mirror of the master FTP site.
- ftp.oh7lzb.ampr.org:/pub/ham/clusse - The Amprnet address of the master FTP site. Use this only if you're coming from an .ampr.org site yourself. This address is likely to be slow for all other users.
© Heikki Hannikainen <email@example.com>